The Burger King Scholarships financially helps employees financially deserving students every year across North America, who are attending college or vocational / technical schools after high school. High school seniors with a GPA of 2.5 or higher, who are employed part-time, and live in the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico are eligible.
Burger King has started a scholarship program in memory of the late James “Jim” W. McCullamore, the restaurant’s co-founder. Mr. McCullamore wanted some of the profits of his life to go toward the future of his company and others, and that’s exactly what The Burger King McLamore Foundation does! Since 2000, the program has provided over $ 32 million to more than 30,000 high school students! The Foundation made only $ 3.5 million in 2017 alone!
The program awards scholarships anywhere from $ 1,000 to $ 50,000 based on grade point average, extracurricular activities, community service, and work experience. Scholarships for anyone looking to enroll in college, technical or vocational school after high school!
Who can apply for Burger king Scholarships 2020-2021?
The Burger King Scholarship is available to employees, employee spouses, local employee partners, and children of employees in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada in pursuit of post-secondary education. To be considered for the award, applicants must have integrity, entrepreneurship, good citizenship, high standards, and an understanding of the importance of education. These were the criteria set by Burger King founder James W. McLamore, and the same standards are measured today when the scholarship is offered. It was these values that helped Mr. McCullamore realize his dreams, and these values are at the core of BK McLamore to this day. The scholarship is administered by Scholarship America. Of course, the award is decided without any focus on color, race, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, national origin or disability.
How much is the Burger King Scholarships worth?
The different Burger King Scholarships are valued at different amounts, ranging from $ 1,000 to $ 50,000. The majority of recipients will receive $ 1,000 scholarships, but each year the Burger King Scholars Program also awards:
- Scholarships for up to 3 valued at US $ 50,000 for the most qualified students who demonstrate leadership, significant work experience, and financial need
- Up to 12 regional awards of $ 5,000 awarded to the most qualified employees in each of the six regions from the fully qualified applicant pool
- One (1) award from the Stephen M Lewis Foundation, valued at $ 5,000, is awarded to the most qualified American restaurant employee out of a pool of eligible applicants, who apply, and are compatible with American restaurants
- Up to four (4) awards from Bravokilo, Inc./Bravotampa, LLC in the amount of $ 5,000 to employees of Bravokilo, Inc./Bravotampa, LLC who are the most qualified from the pool of eligible, applicant, and compliant Bravokilo, Inc. Or Bravotampa, LLC
- One (1) award from Ghai Management of US $ 5,000 is awarded to the most qualified Ghai Management employee out of a group of eligible applicants who are in compliance with Ghai Management
- One (1) Carrols LLC award of $ 5,000 is awarded to the most qualified Carrols LLC employee from the pool of eligible, applicants, and Carrols LLC-compliant
Qualifications for Burger king Scholarships 2020-2021
- Be a citizen of the United States or Canada,
- Graduated from high school within the last few years or considered a full-time student applying to a senior high school or home school within the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico,
- Students who are employed as a full-time student at a licensed four-year college or university located in the United States and may be exempt from taxes under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code,
- Students with an unweighted GPA of at least 3.3, and students who possess a minimum composite ACT score of 25 or even a minimum common SAT score of 1700,
- Pupils must demonstrate an active leadership role in community services, sports, or co-curricular activities of a similar curriculum (for example, student management, team sports, fraternal life, etc.)
- Students must have significant practical experience.
- A full transcript of high school or college transcripts must be uploaded with your application. Grade reports are not accepted.
- The unofficial texts or those found on the web must display the student’s name, school name, interest, credit hours for each semester and the length of study.
- An inventory of one’s experiences at work and participation in community and school activities
- Information about a Burger King employee if your request must always be associated with an employee
- When required, the financial details of your family.
How to apply for the Burger King Scholarships
Applying for the Burger King Scholarship is a piece of cake as long as you fulfill the eligibility requirements we just mentioned and have all the required documents.
Since the Burger King Scholarship Program is officially managed by Scholarship America®, you will need to create an account there to access the official application. Once your account is registered, you can start completing the application in English, Spanish or French.
The application will require you to supply:
- A list of your work experiences and your involvement in school and community activities
- A recent (formal or informal) transcript of grades (informal or online transcripts should display your name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and semester the course was taken in)
- BURGER KING® employee information if your order is to be joined by an employee
- Your family’s financial information, if applicable. It may be helpful to see a copy of your parents’ most recent tax form filed with the IRS or Canada Revenue Service when filling out this section of the application.
Then after you’ve uploaded everything, remember to submit the request. Scholarship America® will then send you an email to acknowledge that they have received your application.
And that’s it! If you’ve seen the video we previously shared, you’ve heard past applicants say it only took about 20 minutes to complete the application!
To apply for your scholarship, the applicant can register through this link